Our Programs › DHF Seeds
To learn more about the DHF Seeds micro-grant, read the DHF Seeds FAQ.
DHF Seeds is a micro-grant fund aimed at fostering and supporting forward-thinking ideas that empower, connect and inform people touched by diabetes. Diabetes Hands Foundation launched this program to support creative ideas from members of the diabetes community who are focused on making a better life with diabetes possible. We do this by providing them with an outlet and the necessary resources to help take their ideas to the “next level.”
Besides offering financial support, the program will help promote grantee projects through the Diabetes Hands Foundation’s website and social media channels, and intends eventually to offer mentoring and coaching as well.
The DHF Seeds program offers a platform for supporting promising projects that directly tie in to the mission of Diabetes Hands Foundation; to help more advocates increase their impact in the community, and ultimately better the lives of more people with diabetes.
Projects funded by DHF Seeds fall within the following three categories:
* Empowering people living with diabetes
* Connecting people touched by diabetes
* Educating and informing people about diabetes
In 2012, DHF Seeds is funding nine proposals, three within each category. This year grant recipients are limited to 501(c)(3) nonprofits and/or members of the Diabetes Advocates program run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.
Important dates for DHF Seeds in 2012
* Wednesday, 7 March – Program launches
* Monday, 19 March – Start accepting proposals online
* Monday, 2 April at 5pm PDT – DEADLINE for proposal submission; judging starts
* Friday, 20 April – Judging ends
* Monday, 23 April – Notify finalists (top 5 applicants in each category)
* Tuesday, 1 May – Announce finalists to the public; start accepting video submissions from finalists
* Wednesday, 16 May at 5pm PDT – DEADLINE for video submissions from finalists
* Monday, 21 May – Public can view and register their support for finalist proposals at https://vimeo.com/diabeteshf/channels/moderated/sort:datesubscribe
* Friday, 15 June at 5pm PDT – DEADLINE for public viewing of finalist video
* Friday, 20 July at 5pm PDT – DEADLINE for signed Grant Agreements
* Wednesday, 1 August – Announce grant recipients to the public
DHF Seeds is made possible, in part, through funding provided by Sanofi US Diabetes.