Today, Diabetes Hands Foundation proudly announced the 16 finalists in the 2012 DHF Seeds micro-grant program.
DHF Seeds, which will now award nine US$2,000 micro-grants, is made possible, in part, through funding provided by Sanofi US Diabetes.
The finalist proposals received the highest scores in their respective categories from our judges and will move on to the second phase of the DHF Seeds micro-grants application process.
The finalists are listed below alphabetically by category.
Category: Connecting people touched by diabetes
* College Diabetes Network Chapter Toolkit, submitted by Jo Treitman of The College Diabetes Network
* Diabetes Phone Connection, submitted by Aliza Chana Zaleon of Aliza with Diabetes
* Parents Needing Answers Webinar Series, submitted by Cheryl Eklund of Our Wisdom Shared, Corp.
* World Diabetes Day Postcard Exchange, submitted by Lee Ann Thill, MA, ATR-BC, LPC
* You Can Do This Project submitted by Kim Vlasnik of Texting My Pancreas
Category: Educating and informing people about diabetes
* Drinking with Diabetes: A Type 1 Survival Guide, submitted by Bennet Dunlap of theBetes:NOW
* Free Diabetes Board Game, submitted by Paul Tracey of Learning About Diabetes, Inc.
* Levántate, a Program Without Walls!, submitted by Richard Waxman of LIFT – Levántate
* Pick Your Future, submitted by Veronica Medrano of SW KS Diabetes Prevention and Control Program with UMMAM
* The Sweet Lowdown, submitted by Mary Dexter of Dexter Productions and Heather Renken of Broom Street Theater
* Vlogging Diabetes at Your Request, submitted by Ginger Vieira of Living in Progress
Category: Empowering people living with diabetes
* DASH Camp: Diabetes and Sports Health Camp, submitted by Lucas Fogarty of Diabetes and Sports Health, Inc.
* Project 365: One Year of Taking Type 1 Diabetes to Extremes, submitted by Stephen Richert of LivingVertical, Inc.
* Riding On Insulin UK, submitted by Mollie Busby of Riding on Insulin
* Rumor Mill: A Type 1 Diabetes Teen Journey, submitted by Cheryl Eklund of Our Wisdom Shared, Corp.
* Sweat-Betes! Exercise at Home with Diabetes!, submitted by Ginger Vieira of Living in Progress
Each finalist will produce a 3-minute video explaining their proposal: what they plan to do, who would benefit, and why this proposal deserves the public’s support. These videos will be posted on the Diabetes Hands Foundation’s Vimeo channel [https://vimeo.com/diabeteshf/] for a public vote.
Voting will run from Monday, May 21st through Friday, June 15th. The public can show their support for individual proposals by clicking a Vimeo “Like,” posting a Facebook “Like,” Tweeting about the video and/or giving it a +1 on Google.
The final funding decisions will be based on the public vote for and the judges’ scoring of the individual proposals. For detailed information about DHF Seeds, visit: http://www.diabeteshandsfoundation.org/our-programs/dhf-seeds
Make a Comment
Comments are closed.