After a generous extension until midnight, Nov. 15, Accu-Chek (the program sponsor) granted us taking into consideration the outage we experienced during World Diabetes Day… we passed the goal of 8,000 Big Blue Test entries!!
The diabetes online community participated in full force, turning in a little over 4,000 entries. Type 3′s (our friends and loved ones) helped us reach the goal with their participation!
As a result of the goal we just passed, in the coming days we will be granting the following amounts:
* US$25,000 to International Diabetes Federation’s Life For a Child program.
* US$10,000 to Moundville Medical Clinic, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
* US$10,000 to LIFT For Teens/Walk and Play For Wellness in San Rafael, CA
* US$10,000 to University of Colorado Denver
* US$10,000 to St. Anthony Medical Clinic, St. Anthony Foundation in San Francisco, CA
* US$10,000 to Pecos Valley Medical Center, Inc. Pecos NM
We will also share the anonymized results submitted by people with diabetes with two research groups, to help us analyze them and learn more from The Big Blue Test and, hopefully, touch even MORE lives in 2012 with it!
Thank you to each and every one of you who participated in The Big Blue Test! In particular, thanks to:
* Rob Muller and Todd Siesky: champions of the project at Roche, the program sponsor.
* Sean Ross and Jeffrey Lee: Director and Production Coordinator for the Big Blue Test video.
* Each of the people who lent their time and patiently worked with Sean and Jeffrey in the video. * Capital Cities: who let us use their amazing track “Safe and Sound” for the video.
* Matthew Dimmett: who designed and implemented the new Big Blue Test web site.
* Andreina Davila: whose creative direction made the project a success once more.
* Emily Walton and Emily Coles: for supporting the project along the way.
* David Edelman and Riva Greenberg: who offered key advice throughout the project.
* Michele Huie: Communications guru extraordinaire, who helped us with all the PR!
* Fatima Shahzad: who worked her social media magic in support of the Big Blue Test.
* Rachel Konte: for designing the gorgeous Big Blue Test t-shirts.
* Mariana Gomez: for support with Spanish translations.
* Fabiana Couto: for support with Portuguese translations.
* Each of the charitable groups: who offered their help in getting the word out about the Big Blue Test. In particular, Heather Whitley, from the Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy; Isabella Platon at International Diabetes Federation; Richard Waxman and Genevieve Foster, from LIFT – Levántate for Teens; and Wesley Nuffer and Dana A. Brandorff, at University of Colorado, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
* The DOC, all our friends and partners: who helped get the word out about the campaign over and over.
To remind you what your participation in The Big Blue Test made possible, watch this video that showcases one of the groups getting a Big Blue Test grant…
Make a Comment
5 Responses to We did it! Over 8000 Big Blue Test results! Thanks!
November 16, 2011 at 10:24 am
Congratulations and thank you Manny to you and the the amazing DHF team for your inspiration, creativity and resolve to achieve this goal! On to 2012!
Scott K. Johnson
November 16, 2011 at 2:31 pm
Congratulations! It was fun (and stressfull!) to watch as the deadline approached. I’m very thankful to Accu-Chek for their generous extension. That was a big show of support.
November 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm
and, you can see who wrote the post Thanks to Manny Hernandez for orchestrating everything, and being our biggest champion. This is possible only because of your unlimited energy and hard working ethic.
This year is a HUGE success for the Big Blue Test… so many more people inspired by the power of exercise. We, ourselves have been doing the test, at least once a day… So, I have been getting my 30 minutes of exercise the doctor told me too… and I learned how to Hula Hoop, that, believe or not has been a dream since I was little.
November 16, 2011 at 8:00 pm
Yes, indeed, Andreina! A big thank you to Manny, and all at DHF for pulling this together and producing such beautiful, compelling work that helps educate and encourage people. Your endless energy is inspiring!